Ford Ranger T7 Powerbrake AT Series High-Carbon slotted discs (Front Pair)
Our newly upgraded Powerbrake AT-Series High-Carbon slotted discs are unmatched in terms of performance and durability. These discs are direct replacements for the original discs on your 4×4 or SUV and require no modifications to the vehicle at all for fitment. Cast from a new High-Carbon cast iron alloy that increases the thermal conductivity of the material resulting in a reduction of thermally induced stresses in the disc during operation. The end result is an extremely stable disc casting that is more resistant to distortion (warping) or cracking than original equipment or standard aftermarket discs. The dry coating on our upgraded AT-Series discs has been changed from the silver coating (used previously) to the same black coating that we use on our 2-piece floating discs in our big brake kits and race brake systems. The black coating can handle higher temperatures and will provide improved corrosion resistance. Our AT-Series discs are machined to extremely tight tolerances (up to three times tighter than the industry norm). Every single disc is measured for runout and disc thickness variation (DTV) using state-of-the-art measuring equipment. We will not ship a disc with a run out value greater than 0.03mm or a DTV value greater than 0.005mm. This 100% measuring policy is very rare in the industry and ensures that every disc we ship is perfect in terms of dimensional accuracy when it leaves our factory. The slot pattern employed on our AT discs delivers the optimum balance of initial bite, quiet operation, fade resistance and best-in-class mud / sand / water clearance. In addition to being used by many thousands of 4×4 and SUV owners in both on-road and off-road driving conditions with excellent results, our AT-Series slotted discs have also been used very successfully in off-road race series such as the Donaldson Cross Country Off-road Championship. The new Powerbrake AT-Series High-Carbon discs set the benchmark in high-performance, slotted brake discs for 4×4 vehicles.
Benefits at a glance
- Reduced stopping distances in both wet and dry conditions.
- Reduced brake fade and improved brake consistency.
- Improved brake modulation in wet, muddy and sandy off-road conditions.
- Improved resistance to disc distortion (warping) or cracking under extreme brake conditions.
- Significantly increased disc wear life.
- Cast from proprietary high-carbon cast iron alloys.
- Machined to tolerances up to three times tighter than the industry norm.
- MTR (Max Temperature Recording) system.
- Dynamic balancing resulting in smooth vibration-free operation.
- Proprietary (dry) disc surface coating for quicker bed-in and max friction co-efficient.
- Wide spiral slots which clear friction gasses, debris and water from the disc surface.