Ford Fiesta 2002-2012 – Powerbrake RS Series High-Carbon slotted discs (Front Pair / RS054)
Our newly launched Powerbrake RS-Series High-Carbon slotted discs are the industry benchmark when it comes to high performance discs. They are unmatched in terms of quality, features, performance and durability. These discs are direct replacements for original discs on your car and require no modifications to the vehicle at all for fitment. Cast from a new High-Carbon cast iron alloy that increases the thermal conductivity of the material resulting in a reduction of thermally induced stresses in the disc during operation. The end result is an extremely stable disc casting that is more resistant to distortion (warping) or cracking than original equipment or standard aftermarket discs. The dry coating on our upgraded RS-Series discs has been changed from the silver coating (used previously on our outgoing GT discs) to the same black coating that we use on our 2-piece floating discs in our big brake kits and race brake systems. The black coating can handle higher temperatures and will provide improved corrosion resistance. Our RS-Series discs undergo proprietary stress relieving processes during manufacture that result in an extremely stable disc casting that is far more resistant to distortion (warping) or cracking than original equipment and standard aftermarket discs. Every single disc is measured for runout and disc thickness variation (DTV) using state-of-the-art measuring equipment. We will not ship a disc with a run out value greater than 0.03mm or a DTV value greater than 0.005mm. This 100% measuring policy is very rare in the industry and ensures that every disc we ship is perfect in terms of dimensional accuracy when it leaves our factory. Apart from high-performance street applications, our RS-Series slotted discs can also used for track day and circuit race applications up to operating temps of 630 deg C. Powerbrake RS-Series discs set the benchmark for standard diameter, high-performance brake discs for street and/or track day applications.
Benefits at a glance
- Reduced stopping distances in both wet and dry conditions (particularly when braking from higher speeds or following a number of consecutive brake applications).
- Improved brake consistency under spirited driving conditions or when carrying heavy loads or towing.
- Substantial reduction of brake fade caused by pad outgassing.
- Reduced pad glazing resulting in improved brake response.
- Improved resistance to disc distortion (warping) or cracking under extreme brake conditions.
- Reduced disc scoring and more uniform pad wear.
- Significantly increased disc wear life.
- No need to de-grease discs prior to use. Simply fit and use.
- Cast from proprietary High-Carbon cast iron alloys.
- Factory stress relieved using advanced stress relieving techniques.
- Machined to tolerances up to three times tighter than the industry norm.
- MTR (Max Temperature Recording) system.
- Dynamic balancing resulting in smooth vibration-free operation.
- Proprietary (dry) disc surface coating for quicker bed-in and max friction co-efficient.
- Spiral slot pattern clears friction gasses, debris and water from the disc surface.