Powerbrake GT Series slotted discs are the industry benchmark when it comes to high performance discs. They are unmatched in terms of quality, features, performance and durability. These discs are direct replacements for original discs on your car and require no modifications to the vehicle at all for fitment. Cast from high-carbon cast iron alloys and machined to extremely tight tolerances (up to three times tighter than the industry norm). Our GT Series discs undergo proprietary stress relieving processes during manufacture that result in an extremely stable disc casting that is far more resistant to distortion (warping) or cracking than original equipment and standard aftermarket discs. Every single disc is measured for runout and disc thickness variation (DTV) using state-of-the-art measuring equipment. We will not ship a disc with a run out value greater than 0.03mm or a DTV value greater than 0.005mm. This 100% measuring policy is very rare in the industry and ensures that every disc we ship is perfect in terms of dimensional accuracy when it leaves our factory. In addition to being used by many thousands of customers in high-performance street applications with excellent results, our GT Series slotted discs are also used very successfully for track day and circuit race applications where they have been used to win numerous championships. Powerbrake GT Series discs set the benchmark for standard diameter, high-performance brake discs for street and/or track day applications.
Benefits at a glance
- Reduced stopping distances in both wet and dry conditions (particularly when braking from higher speeds or following a number of consecutive brake applications).
- Improved brake consistency under spirited driving conditions or when carrying heavy loads or towing.
- Substantial reduction of brake fade caused by pad outgassing.
- Reduced pad glazing resulting in improved brake response.
- Improved resistance to disc distortion (warping) or cracking under extreme brake conditions.
- Reduced disc scoring and more uniform pad wear.
- Significantly increased disc wear life.
- No need to de-grease discs prior to use. Simply fit and use.
- Cast from proprietary high-carbon cast iron alloys.
- Factory stress relieved using advanced stress relieving techniques.
- Machined to tolerances up to three times tighter than the industry norm.
- MTR (Max Temperature Recording) system.
- Visual wear indicator system for quick, easy visual inspection of disc wear levels.
- Dynamic balancing resulting in smooth vibration-free operation.
- Proprietary (dry) disc surface coating for quicker bed-in and max friction co-efficient.
- Reverse slot pattern clears friction gasses, debris and water from the disc surface.